Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Poems for Lorrie's Friends & Family

Written for Steven, husband~1984
You are my light in my darkness of my mind.
You light my way through all my frightened dreams & cold yesterdays.
You are my light that brings on many tomorrows & clears away of all my sorrow.



Written for Juanita, daughter ~2002
Time and time again you can be told words of love, but do you ever hear those words,
that say I LOVE YOU!



Written for Victor B. Malkowski, in rememberence of his Son, Ernest David, from a mother who loved him~2003
My ashes were sent off to in the waters of our mother, the earth, who bears all creatures.
My ashes were sent off to be with my brothers, the fish, whose bodies gleam in the sunlight.
My ashes were sent off to be with my creator, who makes all things big and small alike.
My ashes were sent off to with love in my Father's heart and tears in my Father's eyes.


Writen for daughter, Lauralei~1987
Oh Lauralei, sweet Lauralei, you are so beautiful to me, you are like a mermaid out upon the sea. Oh Lauralei, sweet Lauralei do you sing a siren's song, or to me do you belong. Oh Lauraleit, sweet Lauralei do you sit upon the rocks in the water there, do you sing to ship passing in air. Oh Lauralei, sweet Lauralei.

Written for Stephanie, daughter, 1978

I speak to you of many things, golden ships and butterfly wings, monkey's talils and sparkling rings. I tell you of mermaids and giants in the sky & of all the fairytales that never die.


Written for Stephanie, 1978
My Little Girl
There is my little girl whose mind is in a whirl, See her spin & see her twirl.
She runs with hair a flying, she turns on a smile without even trying.
She is fair & she is fine, she will always be mine.
Hair so blonde & skin a shine, that wonderous little girl of mine.



Written for Douglas, Son, 1979
I keep waiting for a ride up there to see your face light up with Joy & Care, then we'll sit in ole' straight back chair while we talk and visit awhile. You see me grin & I see you smile, then I'll leave after awhile.


Written for Douglas, Son 1988
God put some people here to sing their songs, God put some people here to do their dancing. Got put some people here to till their the lands, God put some people here to work with their hands. Go put me here to do all those things & love to you my son and hope for you my and all this brings.




Written for Steven, husband, 1985
You are perfect in my eyes, just the same as sunny skies. You can do no wrong, to me you belong.


Written for Grace, Mother-in-Law, 1985
A Mother
A mother is warm, sunny & bright, a mother loves you at first sight. A mother tucks you in bed at night, a mother is one you love with all your might.



Written for herself, Lorrie
Granny
Once upon a time there was a smokin-tokin granny a sittin in her rockin chair,
She was so high, she thought she was on a rocket ship, going up to the sky,
But there she sits and it's all a lie.



Written for Stacie Lee, Grandaughter 1992
Shining Star of my life, your bright eyes & sunny smiles bring light to my heart & eyes. You are a treasure, my heart's desire and your special beauty is that of which I will never tire.


Written in Rememberence of George Jorgensen, Father-in-Law
My Father's Funeral
My father lay in a casket one grey and dreary day, all his friends had come from miles around to have their say. We all stood above him with tears and love in our eyes, everyone praying for his passing byes. We placed his favorite hat there upon his chest, we pressed it down lovingly upone his breast. The preacher prayed and said his words, his voice was like a thousand firey swords. Songs were sung in a beautiful voice, song that said, Oh, Lord he didn't die by choice." My mother, brothers, and sister were there along with me, all of us thinking our father is free, then came the geese to carry his spirit and angels are singing & can't you hear it.



Written for herself~Lorrie
On the Road~1978
As I travel along lifes lonely ole' road, I'll never fail to carry my load.
I carry my tent upon my back, a silver sword & old brown pack,
Of friends and fools I'll never lack.
Then I'll settle down and rest a spell, come listen to the songs & stories I tell.


SAY~2003
When I am dying, what will you say.
When I am Dead, what will you say.
Will you say, "Hey, Mom, I wish I had said I love you."
Will you say, "Hey, Mom, I wish I had called more often."
Will you say, "Hey, Mom, I wish I had kissed or hugged you more often."
Will you say, "Hey, Mom, I wish you were here again."



Were you Mine~1993
Were you mine, were you mine, did you touch my hand, were you mine.
Were you mine , were you here If only only for a moment in time
Were you mine, were you mine, were you here or only a dream in my mind.
Were you mine, were you mine.



1979
Smile at a stranger & he'll be a stranger no more.
Smile at an enemy & there will be no war.


Written for the Seattle Supersonics Basketball Team~1980
Our Great Seattle Super Sonics, they don't have super bionics.
Nor do they take super tonics, but they are our Wonderous Thunderous Supersonics!



When you want me~2006
When you want me, pretend I am standing right next to you.
When you need me, pretend I am standing right next to you.
When you want a hug, pretend my arms are around you & I am standing right next to you.
When I go from this life, pretend I am standing right next to you, because I really am.

1 comment: