Monday, September 6, 2010

~Sunday, September 5th~




~Sunday, September 5th - Mom slept in this morning, she passed away around 6:10 am





William and I went over Saturday morning, around 1130. William helped Dad move a few heavy objects to the new apartment and I stayed with Mom....Skylar was at his friend's house. We left around 330pm. Dad called me back Saturday evening around 700pm and said I might want to come back over. Mom doesn't sound good, she was gasping short shallow breaths and not responding to him. I went over and spent a few hours sitting w/her and Dad. I lit up her candle and put her little sweet gifts around it. I got a cold washcloth and put it on her forehead and temples. I kept getting the washcloth cold and putting it on the palms of her hands and behind her neck...I was hoping to get some response. Dad had called Hospice and they advised him to give her a double dose of her morphine, he did and it didn't do anything to help, so they said give her one more dose; that didn't do anything either. Next, they said to give her a smashed up Lorazapam pill and liquid morphine in a spoon and put it under her tongue. When I brought the spoon, I said to her, "I am giving you some medicine to go under your tongue" and she lifted her tongue up and took the medicine. She still had alot of crackling and short gasps of air, so I took her "inhaler" and when she breathed in I gave her a couple puffs. She seemed to settle down with the crackling "rattle" sound some and seemed to be resting peacefully now. A Hospice Nurse showed up and said she probably wouldn't wake up again and would most likely stay in a coma like sleep (but, we heard that before, but this time we sorta knew she was right).

I sat with mom, rubbed her arm and held her hand feeling her pulse until I left. I covered her up good and told her what a good woman she is. I left around 10:30, I think.

I woke up on Sunday, leaned over and grabbed my cell phone and called my Dad. He said he doesn't think he can find a pulse and he doesn't think she is breathing. I got up...and was out the door within a matter of minutes. I arrived and Mom was not breathing and she had no pulse, she was still warm, but not breathing anymore. We stood there in shock for a little bit and then I just loved on my mom and covered her up to keep her warm.

Dad called Hospice and advised them that she was gone. Mom's long time dream was to always have her body donated to science to help other people learn about the human body. She was signed up with the Willed Body Program at the University of Washington. The UW came and picked her up after a couple of hours of being notified this morning. Such a selfless act, that is what she was known for.


I stayed with my Dad until around 630pm~We packed up some of the glassware in the Living Room and reminisced. A long time family friend, Kim, came over to see us for awhile too. It was a really sad day knowing that we will not be able to see her or talk to her or hear her anymore.
Monday, Septemeber 6th~Dad came over for Dinner :)
  • I do want to thank everyone for the warm wishes and condolences. Mom Lorrie was One-of-a-kind ;) THANK YOU.


Poems by Mom - Lorrie Jorgensen

Just a few thoughts
~Just a few thoughts traveling through my head, Sometimes I wish they were out instead. Oh, that I could write them all down, Instead of acting like a clown. All the things I want to say, but there inside my head they stay.

~We are all God's Children and for him we must strive to be the best we can throughout our whole life.




1 comment: