Wednesday, August 25, 2010

~A few of Mom's Poems~

What a gift she is leaving us with....Mom has quite a few poems from over the years...here are a few:

~Written for Steven, my husband of 30 or so years (so this one was written about 10 years ago)
You are my light in the darkness of my mind, you light my way thru all my frightened dreams & cold yesterdays, you are my light that brings many
tomorrows and clears away of all my sorrows.

~Written for my husband Steven
I hope you know I loved you, I hope you know I cared. I hope you know I lived my life for you, I hope you know my soul is bared

~Written for Stephanie (me!)
In those quiet times of long ago yesterday I sang my bsby a lullabye & now I'm singing the blues for she has left me wearing red high heel shoes.

~Written for my grandaughter
Stacie Lee
Shining star of my life your bright eyes and sunny smile bring light to my heart & eyes, you are a treasure, my hearts desire and your special beauty is that of which I'll never tire.

~Written for my daughter
Lauralei
Oh Lauralei, sweet Lauralei, you are so beautiful to me, you are like a mermaid out upon the sea. Oh Lauralei, sweet Lauralei do you sing a siren's song, or to me do you belong. Oh Lauraleit, sweet Lauralei do you sit upon the rocks in the water there, do you sing to ship passing in air. Oh Lauralei, sweet Lauralei.

~Written for the Baring Store~"Our little mountain store" Written for all the friends
Welcome to our little mountain store where people come for coffee, gossip and more. Welcome to our little mountain store where you see friends you have now and the ones before. Welcome to our little mountain store where you'll be there for the laughs & jokes galore. Welcome to our little mountain store; where once you come & we hope you'll come once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment