Friday, August 6, 2010

It's a new day :)

Now I can't remember what day this was, as I started this posting below earlier this week:

Dad called me yesterday and said Mom had to have a Catheter :( Definitely not a sign of recovery. The day before that, Dad mentioned the nurse said Mom might make it to Labor Day...I really don't like hearing a date, stresses me out more. We have heard it before, but Dad said he thinks she is right this time. Dad said I might want to come over more often at this point.

*********************************************************************************

**Saw mom yesterday (Saturday, August 7th) for a little bit, she is pretty weak. I told her Jessica and Dina had just asked me to give her a hug...she remembers them (Jessica the wood girl and Dina the school teacher parents girl....LOL)

Mom said she was seeing double; I think it's because she had just taken some pain pills a bit prior. She was getting all sleepy eyed, was trying to keep a conversation with me and eat some cream of wheat...she has a hard time feeding herself, her caregiver, Jill helps her :) I keep thinking, "poor mom." She was so energetic-always going and now she can't do a darn thing. Dad said she was moaning in pain last night, not about anything in particular...not her arm, nor her hip...her entire body is pretty much in pain now.

"I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love." Wayne F. Winters, from Ode to Mom

"A mother is someone who dreams great dreams for you, but then she lets you chase the dreams you have for yourself and loves you just the same." Author Unknown

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." Agatha Christie

"I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be. Zoraida Pesante

"All that I am my mother made me." John Quincy Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment