Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mom's Beer

Thursday-August 26th: I went over to see Mom and Dad tonight. I arrived around 7:00pm or so w/a requested 6-pack of Budweiser Beer. My dad does not drink beer anymore, but he decided he wanted to tonight, so here is a pic of MOM w/her Mickey Mouse cup and her part of the beer...she had two cups, what the heck!? We can barely get her to eat, but Mmmmmm she liked that cold beer :) Dad said, "you deserve it, dear, after all the sh*t you've been through." We did a cheers :) I stayed until 1030pm talking and visiting w/Dad and seeing what I could do to make Mom more comfortable.

Unfortunately, Mom has bedsores on her legs, severe one on her hip and leg, and her heals are hurting her w/bedsores too :( I called DSHS today and got the same line of BS....this happens, blah blah, Hospice says she has what they can offer....blah, blah....she is dying....blah, blah. I took an egg crate in a soft pillow case and put it under her sore swollen foot.

Mom is no longer on her Fentanyl Pain Patch, as the nurse felt she does not have enough fatty tissue to soak up the medicine, so she is now on morphine tablets and liquid morphine. The tablets are time released, so they take time to take affect....Dad was up several times last night, but hopefully tonight they are back on track w/controlling her pain. Tonight the only thing that she was complaining about was her heal....I just wish I could buy everything in the world to make her feel better.

I love my Mom and Dad. I've been so lucky to have been raised by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment