Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mom not doing so well....


Tuesday, Aug 10th~

Dad said mom not doing so good, been sleeping alot. Went over to see Mom w/Skylar (he played on the computer). She wouldn't really wake up, so I vacuumed the house...didn't seem to bother her at all! Dad not feeling so great, so he made a Doctor appointment for his inner ears and they said he had high blood pressure too. Mom got another surprise visitor today, Ana stopped by to say, "HI" :) Mom did finally wake up while Ana was visiting and Mom said, "you lost weight, you look nice....how are your boys?" It was a nice visit for all. I was able to get mom to eat about a 1/4 cup of Vegie soup too :)


Wednesday, Aug 11th~

Dad called this morning and had me talk to nurse. Nurse said Mom isn't doing too much responding and may being going into a coma type state. Went over as soon as Will got home from work and couldn't get her to wake up or respond much either. I sat with her and gave her a washcloth and clipped her nails and stuff. We did manage to get a nod that she wanted pain medicine, so she we gave her morphine for our first time.


Thursday, Aug 12th~

Mom was somewhat responsive this morning, I was a little reassured by this! I talked to her on the phone briefly, a little muffled, but she was talking some! She was able to swallow her pills and drink some juice. Apparently she didn't stay real coherant for too long though. Juanita flew out today from Colorado. We could not get much response from her, but she did smile a couple times and try to respond in other ways. Lauralei will be flying in tomorrow.


Sad times.


From Lorrie: Remember, Love is the answer to all of life's problems.

3 comments:

  1. well. I will be glad to get there.
    I was thinking of when I was there before. Mom had me read and read to her. So I did with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Lorrie our best and tell her we are thinking of her and wishing her no more pain. Thanks for the posts Stephanie I know it has to be hard. We are thinking of you all.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, if there's anything I can do for you, anything you need, please let me know. Call me any time...Lots of love to you & your family!!!

    ReplyDelete