Sunday, August 22, 2010

Precious Moments

SUNDAY-AUG 22: I Talked to Dad for a bit this afternoon...(I left Thursday evening for a trip to Oregon to see William's Mom and Step-Dad near the Dunes). My Dad mentioned Mom has been having hard time breathing so he's had to give her morphine about once a day now. Dad also said Mom knows what's going on (that she is dying), and they've had some good talks and said these times are "Precious Moments"....(One reason I really didn't want to leave for 5 days).

MONDAY-August 23: Mom's Son, Lil' Vic, flew back to his home in St. Louis yesterday morning-what a nice man he is. It was so nice of him to fly out and be here for Mom....she definitely knows she is loved by him :) It was nice to get to know him better too.

Lauralei has been here for about 12 days and will fly back to her home in Clayton, NC. (she just moved there from Arkansas) tomorrow, Wednesday. I am sure her family will be happy to her back! Mom sure has enjoyed having her there 24/7. I know it's been hard on her to see Mom in so much pain though :( Dad said he sometimes just has to go outside and walk around for a minute.

I went to see Mom after we got home from our Oregon trip....Dad called me when I was already on my way and said she was in alot of pain and that he had just given her morphine again, so she was out cold sleeping. I was already on my way...I wanted to see her anyways.

Mom is not doing well...she is basically skin and bones :( Dad and Laura said she has not eaten for the past 4 days, can't even force her to. She has been taking sips of her juice though. Mom's legs and feet are really bothering her from laying in the bed so long. She has terrible bed sores, even though she is being repositioned, her skin is just breaking down - no intake of nutrition. So sad, we all feel just terrible for her. She has a nurse that comes by often, the nurse is very helpful and my mom really loves her.

TUESDAY-Aug24: Talked to Mom for a bit on the phone, she hopes she is awake to see me when I get there. I told my Dad I better head over soon! My dad is going to look at some apartments, that is a different story though....just one more stressful thing my Dad is dealing with. I don't remember if I mentioned he went to the Dr. for his inner ears/vertigo and he now has high blood pressure, blah! He is hanging in there, though!

Sometimes we feel it's like we are the "blind, leading the blind."

ONE OF MOM'S FAVORITE SAYINGS: "VIAS CON DIAS" (from the Freddy Fender song).

No comments:

Post a Comment